Be the first to get your customized, autographed copy of
TALES FROM A DIRT ROAD
by pre-ordering today.
Special Collector Editions are being offered!!!
Offer valid through November 30th, 2010.
Pre-ORDER YOUR COPY OF
TALES FROM A DIRT ROAD
You can be the first to have your copy of TALES FROM A DIRT road before everybody else has theirs. Just like I did last year, we are offering a SPECIAL COLLECTOR EDITION of the book which entitles you to FIRST DELIVERY OF THE BOOK complete with a personally customized autograph included. This special offer will only be available on the blog for a limited time and will only be made available on this blog.
This offer is valid through November 30th, 2010. All orders must be confirmed and payment received by that time. We are accepting pre-order payments NOW!!!
This SPECIAL COLLECTOR EDITION will be limited to the first 250 copies and will include the following payable by PayPal and Money Order only:
|First time the Special University of Dutch |
cap has been offered.
3. A commemorative 8X10 photo of the Dutchman which will also be personally signed per your specific request.
THE PRICE ON THE SPECIAL COLLECTOR EDITION WILL BE 54.95 payable via PayPal or Money Order with shipping/handling fees included. This order only good for shipments within the US. For international order, international postage rates will apply. Sorry folks, I don't establish the postage fees. Sorry no credit cards or personal checks accepted. If you're interested in this offer, please email us at:
If you're interested in just ordering the autographed book, we also are offering that option as well. For just $40, you can get your own personalized copy of the book with shipping/handling fees included by emailing us at:
for more details.
1. TRAVELING WITH BORDERLINE MENTAL PATIENTS...OR my beautiful time spent with traveling companions, Sid Vicious and the Iron Sheik as we travel middle America, like lost homeless bastards but with cars, for a never ending 30 day loop when we all were in WCW. Note...the story ends up in an after hours bar in Knoxville, TN. at 3AM in the morning...wild story and we were lucky not to have gotten shot. Seriously.
2. MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SHOWDOWN...this is a story about an incident that got largely unreported at the time by all the wrestling sheets but it concerns a confrontation between the guys that I managed there, Ron and Don Harris, and the leader of the Kliq, Shawn Michaels when they confronted backstage at the most famous arena in the World, Madison Square Garden. This did not happen inside the wrestling ring...it was in the main dressing room of the Garden. If anybody wondered why the Blu Brothers had such a short run in the WWF, this is your answer.
3. VINCE RUSSO BEHIND THE SCENES...here is an in depth look at a polarizing figure in the world of pro wrestling. This is the first time I've publicly spoken about Russo. In this chapter, you'll find out what he was like from a personal and professional viewpoint. I first met Vince 16 years ago...when he was writing a column for the WWF magazine and since that time, he has been at the core of controversy. Actually, to hears some tell it, he is the controversy. This chapter is a look at him with the blinders off and one that only a handful of people have really seen. A highly recommended chapter in the book.
4. A WILD NIGHT IN MEXICO CITY...in this chapter, I describe my first introduction to Mexico and to Mexican wrestling. I found out that riling up fans with just an interview by pushing the right buttons works in Spanish too and I wasn't even in the match. Good story along with the best of some of my political thoughts.
5. WRESTLING IN 105 DEGREE TEMPERATURES...this is a story that I lifted off my blog that I had written a year ago or so but it was so defined and humorous that I had to include it in the book. It's a story of my rookie year in the business and how I had to find a way to navigate the political minefields of the business while at the same time, keeping a check coming in. Funny story.
7. WRESTLEMANIA 11...my first and only WrestleMania but I document a HUGE WEEKEND in where Lawrence Taylor wrestled BamBam Bigelow and all the happenings backstage and leading up to this event. WRESTLEMANIA today is a part of Americana and for me to have appeared on it...was one of the biggest thrills I've ever had in the wrestling business.
8. A FIGHT YOU NEVER HEARD ABOUT...a story about a wild night in Tampa during the glory of original Florida Championship Wrestling in which Jack and Jerry Brisco wanted to have a word of prayer with Ernie 'the Cat' Ladd at 2AM in the morning in a parking lot. This was more than just a meeting, it turned into a fight. Usually, most meeting wait until the next day to happen but not this one. Needless to say, the prayer session went south but who did it go south for? Read the book.
9. CREATIVE MEETINGS...WTF really goes on behind the closed doors of a creative meeting? How are decisions made...and who makes those decisions? I've sat in on hundreds of creative meetings in Memphis, Mid-South, Florida, Puerto Rico, WCW, TNA and once in WWF and believe me...they're all the same. I blow the lid off whatever vision people have had about the creative efforts behind the scenes. It's a lot like government...except less productive..only the names have been changed to protect the guilty.
10. THE EDDIE GRAHAM STORY...this is a story circa mid 80's, Tampa, Florida. If you don't know who Eddie Graham was, then let me enlighten you. Eddie Graham was at one time one of the most respected wrestler and promoter in the wrestling world or he was in the United States. He committed suicide in 1985 while I was booking Florida. Here is my take on what happened and what led up to the tragedy.
13. MEETING THE KU KLUX KLAN FACE TO FACE...at a wrestling show. True story. The last people I thought I'd meet at a wrestling show was the KKK but somehow, I managed to do it. Good chapter.
You can leave comments below on the blog or you can contact me at :
Follow me on FaceBook...dirtydutchmantell
Or follow me on twitter...